Monday, October 29, 2007

Random Acts of Kindness

Some time ago a friend of my sister in law contacted me and offered his services as a courier for gifts. I had told him that I knew someone in Israel and he was traveling to Sweden. So I contacted Lior with the strange proposal to give me a gift (and I promised to return the favour). A few days later I got a book about Israel from Lior, was very happy and started to ponder what kind of present could be fun and entertaining for him. I ended up going to the supermarket and bought all kinds of special swedish food (and obviously skipped some). I wrote some short notes with cooking instructions and explanations and sent the whole lot back to Israel.

I enjoyed both getting the present, reading the book and picking a present for someone I regard highly. I would like to recomment this as a fun game within Debian: If you know someone traveling abroad find out if there is a DD (or Debian contributor) around at the destination and send a present to that person. This kind of love bombing is low cost and lots of fun and creates bonds parallel to those of the Web of Trust. Try It!


At 11:52 PM, Blogger Jonas said...

What...? Leaving out surströmming...gee, wonder why ;)

At 12:17 AM, Blogger elev8 said...

Sports is really one of the best ways in making our life more stable and in a good shape and it is also one of the most fun things to do.Aerobics-Videos


Post a Comment

<< Home