Monday, October 29, 2007

Random Acts of Kindness

Some time ago a friend of my sister in law contacted me and offered his services as a courier for gifts. I had told him that I knew someone in Israel and he was traveling to Sweden. So I contacted Lior with the strange proposal to give me a gift (and I promised to return the favour). A few days later I got a book about Israel from Lior, was very happy and started to ponder what kind of present could be fun and entertaining for him. I ended up going to the supermarket and bought all kinds of special swedish food (and obviously skipped some). I wrote some short notes with cooking instructions and explanations and sent the whole lot back to Israel.

I enjoyed both getting the present, reading the book and picking a present for someone I regard highly. I would like to recomment this as a fun game within Debian: If you know someone traveling abroad find out if there is a DD (or Debian contributor) around at the destination and send a present to that person. This kind of love bombing is low cost and lots of fun and creates bonds parallel to those of the Web of Trust. Try It!

1 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Jonas said...

What...? Leaving out surströmming...gee, wonder why ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home