Wednesday, January 03, 2007

GTD software, Work meetings

Since I am on "maternity leave" now and basicly run the household and try to keep the children entertained, my time to get things done is randomly fragmented and I want to plan the things better that I have on the plate. Liw's blog post reminded me of GTD and today I was looking for planning tools. On Wikipedia's GTD page they mention two: A Firefox plugin to use with gmail (and therefor everywhere where I would have internet) and ThinkingRock, a java app which aparently would fit on a USB key. Of course i wonder which one might be better? The ThinkingRock one seems to be a heavy weight GTD tool. Does that spoil GTD's light weight character? I watched the demos and it seems to be pretty feature complete. I would like to hear from people who use GTD and am interested in their oppinions. Thanks!

Debian Work Meetings - Extremadura evaluation
8 people already managed to send in their evaluations or feedback mails to me regarding the Extremadura work meetings. That is surprisingly few, given the fact that we had 6 meetings with an average of 20 people. And so far I got only one reply from someone who could not attend eventhough she was very interested, explaining why (different continent, too far, too expensive) etc. I had expected more replies in that category, given that we had mostly europeans coming to Extremadura and I had intended to spread out future meetings over the globe more evenly. So I ask both those that attended and did not manage to send in some evaluation and also those that would have liked to come and could not to mail me!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Scott Dier said...

I've heard of people using this to manage in a GTD-like way:

http://www.llamagraphics.com/

I've also just used the basic palm tools, but the structured tasklist in Life Balance appeals to me.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger chris said...

I have been using gtdmail in firefox for the last 6 weeks and highly recommend it Highly customizable. It is worth installing just to see the integration of gmail and firefox - amazing! Lets me take everything 'on the road' - email, calendar, docs , etc.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger stockholm said...

Scott, this does not offer a linux version for download. I would run this on linux, if i ran it locally. Is this a linux tool?

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Scott Henson said...

I can recommend Tracks. Its a ruby on rails app and works wonderfully.
http://www.rousette.org.uk/projects/

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you are using Windows and liking desktop apps take a look at FusionDesk

It does not take the GTD methodology as literally as ThinkingRock. You don't need to be looking at the GTD process visualized as user interface, you should be doing the thinking in your head.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger dannielo said...

One of the most appreciated features in http://www.gtdagenda.com , the Checklists, just got better with visual representation of checklists progress. You'll see at a glance what the progress towards your goals is.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

GTD software is great for me. my favorite is Outlook Track-It (find it at www.outlooktrackit.com) because it's a small plugin for outlook that reminds you to follow up to emails.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger harry @ GoalsonTrack.com said...

Also check out http://www.GoalsOnTrack.com, a nice web app specifically designed for
tracking goals and todo list, and time tracking. It's clear, focused, easy to navigate.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger 2015 said...

This one -

http://sites.google.com/site/rocketdm/gtd-software -

can also be used as GTD, very flexible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home